stone's prayer

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

i was putting the boys to bed last night... this is something i don't do often b/c the boss does it most of the time... anywho, we always pray as part of our routine.


stone's prayer: "God, i just pray that you would not let me have any bad dreams tonight. i pray that i wouldn't have any bad dreams. and Lord, i just pray that i would have no bad dreams. God please help me not to have any bad dreams because of what i just watched on tv. amen."


so... you might be wondering what he was watching (as was i, b/c while the boss and the kiddos were watching tv... i was trying to figure out how to blog). he was watching superman. superman!


what is scary about superman?


the commercials! more specifically, a preview for the movie, the unborn.


stone explains: "super t watched the whole thing, but i closed my eyes. i watched a little of it, then i closed my eyes... i was trying to be strong, momma."


you see, recently i talked to the kiddos about only reading good things and only watching good things because those are the things that they will think about through their day. so, he was listening! either that or he knew what was coming and didn't want to see that ugly kid in his dreams... but i chose to believe that he was listening! did you notice that he pointed out super t watched the whole thing?


question of the day... why are horror movies with creepy kids in them always the scariest?

5 comments:

Misty said...

Becuuuuuuuz it is soooo completely UNnatural! Don't get me on my scary movie soap box.

The Collins Family said...

Love the blog, the skin, the posts. It's all great! I'm proud of you!

jo said...

So sweet. It is God that does the protecting of their little ears and eyes. I'm so thankful for that.
On the scary movie thing - I couldn't even handle The Matrix. I know. I'm a weiny.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad I can stalk your blog now! That prayer funny! Did he have bad dreams?

H.T. said...

Bless his little heart. I'm right there with him! I still cover my eyes when I see scary commercials and I'm 31. Hopefully, he'll forget what he saw.

*Welcome to blogging! Love your site!

Post a Comment